Picked up at 7:30 a.m. on Monday, February 4 by Doug Monge from Tierra Pacifica Vacations and the Welcome Center.
Doug is the ultimate story teller, and during our day together, we learned...
- pasture posts become living fences
- oxen carts cause traffic jams
- where to find coffee from a cooperative
- bike paths transport horses, cows, pigs, turkeys
- some history of Costa Rica
- the location of restrooms that are "Sheri" approved
- fires that clear the underbrush for the sugar cane harvest
- iguanas are well-endowed for their harems
- how to identify birds and animals from Doug's field guides
- family-style lunch at Palo Verde beats all
- many generations create beautiful pottery
- where to find Triple Sec for cocktail hour
- about the harvesting of turtle eggs
- speaking Spanish endears you with the locals
- "old chickens make better soup"